About SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year to recruit eligible candidates for various posts such as DEO, Postal Assistant, LDC and Sorting Assistant.
List of Posts Under SSC CHSL Exam:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) / JSA
- DEO Grade ‘A’
Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University..
Age Limit – Applicants aged between 18 and 27 years of age are eligible to apply.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the SSC CHSL 2018 exam is as follows.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) in three levels for various posts.
- SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 will be conducted in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Tier III will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL Tier – I
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks.
- There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2018 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier-II
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
SSC CHSL Tier-III
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes